1. Website Use
This Policy covers our information practices for this Site, which may be used by consumers to apply for vehicle financing.
2. Collection and Use of Personal Information Applications for Financing & Customer Accounts
Tenet will collect the information you provide when you use this Site to apply for vehicle financing. When you choose to fill out an application using this Site, you will be asked to provide information about yourself that you would typically provide when applying for financing. You may be asked to provide the following personal information:
• Identity and contact information, such as your name, address, telephone number(s), driver’s license number, social security number, and email address.
• Account-related data, such as account number, credit/debit card number, checking account number, account history, account balances, loan details, vehicle information, and information about beneficiaries and joint account holders.
• Credit report information, such as your credit score, credit history, and other information that we receive from credit reporting agencies when you apply for financing through us.
• Demographic data, such as marital status, age, household size/composition, income, and employer.
We will use the information you have provided to us for the following purposes:
• To request one or more consumer report(s) about you.
• Personalize and improve Tenet services or this Site.
• Communicate with you, and/or respond to your requests for information about Tenet’s services or about the information Tenet reported about you.
When you browse our website using a mobile device, we may also collect:
• Device data, such as your device type, web browser type and version, operating system type and version, display/screen settings, language preferences, internet protocol address, mobile network information, location, and likely connections among different browsers and devices that you use.
• Online/mobile activity data, such as login data, search history, information about how you use and interact with our Site, the webpage from which you clicked a link to come to our Site (e.g., the referrer URL).
• Communications data, such as your communication preferences and details or the content of your communications with us (e.g., chat messages).
Smartcar API Permissions
Tenet customers have the option to link their vehicle’s cloud telemetry account with their Tenet portal account in order to give Tenet access to certain data about customers’ vehicles. This data may include:
• read_vin: Read VIN
• read_battery: Read EV battery’s capacity and state of charge
• read_charge: Know whether vehicle is charging
• read_odometer: Retrieve total distance traveled
• read_tires: Read vehicle tire pressure
• read_vehicle_info: Know make, model, and year
• read_fuel: Read fuel tank level [hybrid only]
• read_engine_oil: Read vehicle engine oil health [hybrid only]
Providing the information described above through this Site is entirely your choice.
3. Website Navigational Information
Tenet uses commonly used information-gathering tools, such as cookies, to collect information as users navigate our Site (“Website Navigational Information”). This section describes the types of Website Navigational Information Tenet may collect and how Tenet may use this information.
There are two types of cookies: session and persistent. Session cookies are transient and exist only during one session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser software or turn off your computer. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you close your browser or turn off your computer.
If you have chosen to identify yourself to Tenet, we use session cookies containing encrypted information to allow us to uniquely identify you. Each time you log into the Site, a session cookie containing an encrypted, unique identifier that is tied to your account is placed in your browser. These session cookies allow Tenet to uniquely identify you when you are logged into the Site and to process your online submissions and requests. Session cookies are required to use the Site.
Tenet uses persistent cookies that only we can read and use to identify browsers that have previously visited Tenet’s Site. When you access the Site or provide Tenet with personal information, a unique identifier is assigned to you. This unique identifier is associated with a persistent cookie that Tenet places on your web browser. Tenet is especially careful about the security and confidentiality of the information stored in persistent cookies. For example, Tenet does not store account numbers or passwords in persistent cookies. If you disable your web browser’s ability to accept cookies, you will be able to navigate Tenet’s Site, but you will not be able to successfully use the Site.
Tenet uses web beacons, also known as pixel tags, to compile information about users’ usage of the Site. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, when you viewed a particular website tied to the web beacon, and a description of a website tied to the web beacon. Tenet uses web beacons to operate and improve our website and our communications with you.
When you visit the Tenet Site, Tenet collects your Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses to track and aggregate non-personally identifiable information. For example, Tenet uses IP addresses to monitor the regions from which users navigate the Site.
4. Sharing of Information Collected
Tenet may disclose your information to its partners, affiliates, and service providers where doing so would assist Tenet in serving you better or to help process your request, including the submission of a rental application or request to be a customer of Tenet.
Tenet does not share your information with nonaffiliated third parties unless Tenet believes it is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or a court order or to protect the rights of Tenet, Tenet’s employees, Customers, or others. Tenet does not sell your information to anyone.
5. Do Not Track
Tenet does not process or respond to “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms.
Tenet is committed to protecting the confidentiality of your information and online interactions with us. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards designed to protect your personal information. We have security procedures in place to safeguard against loss, theft, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, and modification of this information after we receive it. For example, Tenet restricts access to the information to our employees, agents, and contractors who need to know such information to provide products or services to you.
7. Personal Information on Children
Tenet products are intended for use by individuals who are at least 18 years old. If you are under the age of 18, you should not be visiting this Site. We do not knowingly collect or retain personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13 and are visiting or otherwise using this Site, you are expressly prohibited from using our services and are advised not to disclose or provide any personally identifiable information on this Site.
8. Access by Consumers Outside of the United States
If you reside outside of the United States, you are expressly prohibited from using our services and are advised not to disclose or provide any personally identifiable information on this Site.
10. Contacting Us